Web Design Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all web site design services offered by Forest Software. By ordering services from Forest Software you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to refuse to construct a web site which we may judge as unfit due to content or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited by, sites containing adult oriented material such as pornography, sites which promote hatred towards persons belonging to any ethnic group, religion or sexual orientation and sites which infringe copyright or are contrary to UK laws.
- The acceptance of a commission shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and Forest Software .
- Forest Software cannot always guarantee to start work immediately on a commission but will arrange a date with the client as to when work can commence.
- All material, both text and images, supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client's web site, will remain the client's property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
- The copyright for all material provided by Forest Software , such as HTML code, graphics, photographs and text, will remain the property of Forest Software until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon they will become the property of the client.
- Forest Software makes every effort to design pages which display acceptably in the most popular current browsers, but cannot accept responsibility for pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed.
- Forest Software will submit a client's website to several of the major search engines as part of the design commission. If a client wishes Forest Software to promote a web site as a separate commission, Forest Software will make every reasonable effort to promote the website effectively but cannot guarantee high placings in search engine results.
- Forest Software can accept no responsibility or liability if any search engine, online directory or search site, submitted to as part of a web site promotion commission, chooses not to list a client's web site.
- Forest Software will initially place the client's website on one of Forest Software's demonstration servers during development in order that the client may view and comment upon the website's progress. When both Forest Software and the client agree that the website meets the criteria agreed during the commissioning process, Forest Software will invoice the client for the full amount due for the commission. On receipt of payment, Forest Software will publish the website on the client's server, or provide the source code for the site via a download (or cd-rom disk) for the client to upload.
- If at any point during the Website Development Cycle a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that Forest Software judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the commission.
- If, during the Website Development Cycle, the client does not supply the content required in order to complete the commission within a reasonable amount of time, Forest Software will consider that the client wishes to cancel the commission.
- Forest Software expects payment by cheque, credit card or cash within 14 days of the date on the invoice.
- Any payment returned by the bank or credit card company will incur a £25 administration charge. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the customer.
- Forest Software does not undertake to maintain or update a client's website as part of the design commission. If a client wishes Forest Software to maintain or update a web site as a separate commission, Forest Software will negotiate with the client a maintenance contract appropriate to the amount of work required. Web site maintenance may also be undertaken on a time and materials basis if the client so wishes.
- Forest Software reserves the right to alter prices at any time without notice. If a client has commissioned any services from Forest Software prior to a change in prices, that commission will not be subject to any increase, but any subsequent commission may be subject to an increase.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
Forest Software reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms and Conditions.
If you have any complaints about the quality of service you have received from Forest Software please e-mail the development director , or write to us at
Stating the full nature of your complaint. We take customer satisfaction very seriously and will investigate your complaint promptly and thoroughly.
T&C : Last major update : 16th November 2004
T&C Last minor update 18th January 2011 (Change of postal address)
If you are a web designer and would like to use these terms or base your on them (as we have found lots have) we would appreciate acknowledgement of the fact that they are based on ours - there is no need for a link to our site (unless you want to) but at least a mention of Forest Software would be appreciated - thanks.